Aboyne is a village in the heart of Royal Deeside, not far from Ballater and Balmoral Castle. It has a population of just over 2000 people. There are a lot of shops and local businesses. The fabulous looking Aboyne Castle is near the village but is believed not to be open to the public. Highlights of the year in Aboyne are the Highland Games. Scotland’s Easternmost Munro – Mount Keen – is a good walk to the south of the village.
Aboyne Things to Do
- Play golf at Aboyne Golf Club
- Take a gliding lesson at Deeside Gliding Club
- Walk up Mount Keen, Scotland’s Easternmost Munro
- Eat out in one of Aboyne’s restaurants
- Take a dip in the swimming pool