A lot of people are now abandoning the stresses of family Christmas at home along with all the family politics, drunken uncles, and poorly chosen presents in favour of a relaxing, stress-free Christmas break in Scotland.
Christmas is a wonderful time to take a break in Scotland. Our scenery is wonderful with snow often adorning the mountains, and sometimes down to sea-level. With crisp winter mornings and low winter sun you really can really feel like it’s meant to be Christmas.
Hotels and self-catering accommodation across Scotland stay open for those people who want a Christmas break away from home. Many hotels do special packages so that you’ve got an all-in-one payment for your Christmas break and all food.
Advantages to taking a Christmas break in a Scottish hotel:
- Someone else does all the cooking for you, even for your main Christmas meal
- Even better, someone else does all the washing up!
- No mess
- Someone else to make the beds
- Feel pampered over Christmas
So a Christmas break in Scotland could be just the thing to rejuvenate and revitalise you in this normally busy period.
Where to look for a Christmas hotel break in Scotland ?
- Edinburgh – with it’s Christmas markets and events at Christmas, this is an excellent location for a Christmas hotel break or try self catering in Edinburgh
- Badenoch & Strathspey – choose a Christmas hotel break in this wonderful part of the Highlands, go see Reindeer, go dog-sledding and possible even skiing if there is any snow
- St Andrews – choose a coastal location for your Christmas hotel break in Scotland and enjoy cosy restaurants, walks on quiet winter beaches and all the history that St Andrews has to offer.
These are just a few ideas, but hopefully wherever you choose for a Christmas break in Scotland it will be memorable.
See also New Year Breaks